Stanford University’s Office of Technology Licensing has an agreement with Osage University Partners (OUP) to connect the seasoned university startup investor with investment opportunities in Stanford University’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
OUP invests in startups that develop technologies in partnership with top research institutions. In total, OUP has over $600M under management and has invested in over 100 university spinouts from its partner institutions, investing in a wide range of sectors, and aims to co-invest alongside other investors. OUP invested in medical device startup Hyalex Orthopaedics and therapeutics startup DiCE Molecules, both of which license technology from Stanford.
OUP has developed an array of value-added programs for both the technology transfer community and its inventors. For new startups, OUP helps advance university research into the commercial market through the following efforts:
• Helping spinouts find funding, locate management teams, build corporate partnerships, and more
• Maintaining active collaborations with VCs, corporations, and entrepreneurs that are interested in OUP’s university deal flow.
• Engaging with PIs to explore if their research could be turned into a startup. OUP helps PIs find potential CEOs, identify market opportunities, and write business plans as they are considering a startup
• Helping form companies and provide seed capital
• Educational Programs and Resources:
- Office Hours – Our tech and life science investment teams offer informal VC office hours to faculty, grad/postdoc researchers, and spinouts. Sign up here.
- Venture Education Seminars – OUP has developed a variety of seminars on educating inventors and technology transfer officers on startups and venture capital. Topics presented in the past include: Intro to Venture Capital, Getting Your Startup from Idea to Funding, VC Investment Decision Process, Founder’s Equity, CEO Assessment, and more. Seminars can be presented remotely or on-campus. View past seminars here.
- Webinars – OUP provides webinars to partner institution technology transfer professionals, faculty, and researchers on specific industry sectors, financing trends, and VC topics. View past webinars here.
Please reach out to the Stanford OTL to connect with OUP.