"Life of a Stanford Invention" (updated: March, 2015)
- OTL Start-Up Guide (PDF) – A guide for Stanford faculty, staff, and students interested in launching a start-up company based on intellectual property that is owned by the University. It is a broad overview of the start-up process and provides background on resources available for Stanford entrepreneurs.
- Start-Up Licensees – A partial list of companies who have licensed technologies from Stanford under agreements that included equity.
- Conflicts of Interest – Stanford’s policies and practices were developed to optimize technology transfer and mitigate conflict of interest (COI) when licensing Stanford intellectual property to a start-up.
- Sample Agreement – The boilerplate exclusive agreement with equity terms.
- Entrepreneurial Resources - Campus organizations involved with entrepreneurship, articles of interest and other information for entrepreneurs.
A brief statistical look at OTL Fiscal Year 13-14
Information for Attorneys
|Technologies that generated income
|Gross royalties received
|Technologies that generated over $100K
|Income generated from liquidated equity
summarizes certain basic principles concerning the retention of outside counsel by the Office of the General Counsel (OGC).
A Guide to the Bayh-Dole Law
and Implementing Regulations.